So as you all know I turned 30 a few weeks ago. 30 is one of those scary ages, mainly because I always thought I’d be a proper grown up with my life in order by the time I got to that age. Turns out life doesn’t often work as you imagine.
There’s a lot of things I haven’t got round to doing. I fell into the trap of thinking I had all the time in the world. There may be somethings that I’ll never do now but I’m not that old yet. My good friend Sarah over at Glasgow Mummy put together a little 35 at 35 a couple years ago when she turned 30. I figured I would follow suit to spur me into action.
So here’s my 35, I’ll keep you updated on my progress.
1. Learn a language, been promising my Frenchie Friend for years
2. Go on an Eastern European Adventure, travel like I never got round to as a student
3. Have children, lots and lots of them
4. Learn to play guitar properly, I had lessons in school and can remember the odd hymn
5. Put a lock on the Love Lock Bridge in Paris, eternal romantic me
6. Leave a note in a Library book
7. Learn to scuba dive
8. Kiss in the rain, a la Holly Golightly
9. Attend a fashion week, even if I’m at the back half out the door
10. Buy and decorate my perfect house, period features and creaky floorboards kinda perfect
11. Run a Marathon, just to say I did it
12. Take an advanced driving course, pretend like I’m in action movie
13. Pay off my debt, the ultimate dream, seven years of study adds up
14. Visit Africa, so many options keeping this one open
15. Learn HTML, a big challenge I’m useless with computers
16. Cook an entire meal from scratch, perhaps an even bigger challenge
17. Go horse riding, ideally along a beach like in a Rom Com
18. Own a pair of Louboutins, need I say more?
19. Learn to ride a motorcycle, because I’ll forever be a rebel at heart
20. Sort my photographs into albums and frames, I take so many it’s a shame they’re not on show
21. Go on a girly holiday, having loads of male friends I missed this entirely in my twenties
22. Volunteer, for a day, a week, a month whatever, just need to get round to it one day
23. Sew a beautiful dress, to have one thing entirely unique to me
24. Jump out of a plane or bungee jump, might take a while to work up the courage
25. Learn to use my camera properly
26. Complete a dance class, one of those MTV street dance – you’re never too old
27. Teach Seb one trick, just one my boy, please
28. Party in Vegas, enough said
29. Develop a proper beauty regime, my skins getting too old for my half assed attempts
30. Explore Scotland, its embarressing how little of it I’ve seen
31. See the Northern Lights, preferably in an glass igloo in Scandanvia
32. Get that tattoo I’ve been planing for years
33. Attend an open air opera in Italy, the only way to see opera
34. Go to a drive in movie, there’s a great one at halloween in Glasgow I’ve never made it to
35. Be comfortable with my body, perhaps am impossibility but I’d like to try
20 thoughts on “Everything Is Changing, I’ve been Here for too Long”
Phew. My thought is that 5 years is not long enough! There are some amazing things on this list. I will happily be your chief cheerleader. Any flagging doubts then come to me and I will put you right on track and cheer you on as you go. Good luck and I look forward to following your progress.
It’s probably not but I didn’t want to fill the list with easy things I’d do anyway. We’ll see how many I manage!
Great to be ambitious. I am far too safe. 😞
Great post! I turned 30 in August and felt the same way. Love your list it’s inspired me to make one of my own xx
You should, it’s a great way to make you think positively about the next few years rather than wallow in the thought of being old!
Yes, I would say do it all now, I thought I’d be young forever, I wish I had had children but I always thought that was for the future, so work that list!
I plan too!!
I thought by the time I hit 50 my life would be all neat and figured out – nah life happens. Oh and I didn’t see any of Scotland until my mid 30’s and onwards, whenever I had money my one thought was ‘must escape, must follow the sun’ but it really is breathtakingly beautiful in some parts, I really had no idea.
Oh and I think my Louboutins are all covered in cobwebs, I just don’t have the opportunity to wear them now.
Life’s a wee pain in the ass isn’t it! Wear Louboutins every you don’t need a occasions lol! When I was up in Elgin last year I realised how little of scotland I’ve seen, more holidays with my boy I think
Oh my gosh haha grab life and DO IT! I would love to do all these things especially vegas and the holidays and kissing in the rain hahah love it xx
I’m not sure I’ll manage them all, fingers crossed though
Some amazing goals here! I’m sure you’ll achieve all of them 🙂
I’m not so sure, but I’m gonna try!